At YOUtax we take privacy very seriously.
- Your Personal Information is being collected by YOUtax Pty Ltd ABN 73 604 884 620, tax agent number 25213800, (“YOUtax”, “us”, “we”)
- YOUtax respects your privacy and is committed to handling your personal information in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
The Service involves the storage of Data about a company or individual. That Data can include personal information. “Personal information” is information about an identifiable individual, and may include information such as the individual’s name, email address, telephone number, bank account details, taxation details, and accounting and financial information.
Collection, use and disclosure
4. Our service involves the storage of data about you, the individual or a company. We collect data that can include “Personal Information” that is about an identifiable individual. We may collect your personal information directly from you or when you access and interact with our Site, by telephone, letter or email or from other sources. We may also collect Personal Information from persons acting on your behalf. The personal information we collect is all information submitted by you, including your name, address, telephone number, email address bank details, , taxation details, accounting and financial information and other details submitted by you in relation to any services you propose to acquire from YOUtax and is necessary for us to provide you with our services. If you choose not to provide us with your personal information, or choose to use a pseudonym, we may not be able to contract with you or provide you with the information or services you may require. If you submit incorrect information to YOUtax, this may adversely affect any services you acquire from YOUtax and have repercussions under the taxation legislation.
- We may also collect information about you that is not personal information. For example, we may collect data relating to your activity on our Site (including IP addresses) by way of tracking technologies such as cookies, or we may collect information from you in response to a survey. We generally use this information to record statistics, analyse trends, administer our services, diagnose problems and target and improve the quality of our products and services. To the extent this information does not constitute personal information, the Australian Privacy Principles do not apply and we may use this information for any purpose and by any means whatsoever. YOUtax may collect personal information directly from you when you:
- register to use the Service,
- use the Service,
- post to our blog,
- contact the YOUtax support team, and
- visit our Website.
- Our Site may contain links to websites which are owned or operated by third parties. If you choose to follow such links, you should make your own enquiries as to the privacy policies of those third parties. We are not responsible for information on, or the privacy practices of, such websites.
- You acknowledge and consent that by providing your personal information to us that we may collect and use your personal information for the purposes of supplying and/or delivering services to you, communicating with you, providing you with marketing and updates on our products and services, better understanding your needs or to complying with our legal obligations. You also acknowledge and consent that your personal information may be used for secondary purposes related to the purposes specified in this section.
- We may disclose your personal information to other YOUtax group companies. We may engage third parties to provide you with goods or services on our behalf. In that circumstance, we may disclose your personal information to third parties in order to meet your request for goods or services, however such disclosure will only be made to the extent necessary to supply goods or services to you (such as the Australian Taxation Office for the provision of information to lodge of your taxation obligations which is our services to you).
- We will otherwise not disclose your personal information outside Australia or use, sell or disclose your personal information without your consent, unless permitted to do so under the Privacy Act or required to by law.
- You represent to us that where you provide personal information to us about another person, you are authorised to provide that information to us, and that you will inform that person who we are, how we use and disclose their information, and that they can gain access to that information.
- We may send service updates and service notifications, billing information and product information to you via email or sms. You can choose to be removed from any mailing list not essential to the Service. YOUtax will remove you at your request. We may include your personal information relating to your contact details (but not any sensitive information as defined by the Privacy Act) in a database compiled by us for use in direct marketing by us. If you do not wish to receive marketing material from us, please notify our Privacy Officer.
Securing your personal information
- We strive to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of personal information submitted to our Site, and we review and update our security measures in light of current technologies. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure.
- However, we endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information you may transmit to us or from our Site. Once we receive your transmission, we will also use our best efforts to ensure its security on our systems.
- Our employees and agents are responsible for handling your personal information and educated about the requirements of the Australian Privacy Principles and the Privacy Act. Personal information that we hold on our systems is protected through the use of secure passwords and other security procedures including physical, network and computer security. Access to your personal information is limited to those who specifically need it to conduct their responsibilities. We take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify your personal information where it is no longer required and to protect your personal information from unauthorised access, disclosure, loss, misuse and alteration. Accuracy and access to personal information
Accuracy and access to personal information
- We will take reasonable steps to ensure that the information we hold about you is accurate, complete and up-to-date and ask that you let us know if you believe the information to be otherwise. You may request access to your personal information, if so please make your request in writing and provide us with proof of your identity. Your request will be responded to in a reasonable time and you may be asked to pay any reasonable costs incurred by us in responding to your request. Contact us and Complaints
LAST UPDATED 17 JUNE 2015