1. Your Personal Information is being collected by YOUtax Pty Ltd ABN 73 604 884 620, Tax Agent number 25213800 (“YOUtax”, “us”, “we”, “our”)
2. YOUtax respects your privacy and is committed to handling your personal information in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
Collection, use and disclosure
4. Our service involves the storage of data about anindividual, a trust or a company. We collect data that can include “Personal Information” that is about an identifiable individual. We collect your personal information directly from you by telephone, letter, email, when you access and interact with our site using 3rd party secure software services, or from other sources. We could also collect Personal Information from persons acting on your behalf. The personal information we collect can include but is not limited to your name, address, telephone number, email address, bank details, taxation details, accounting and financial information and other details submitted in relation to any services you propose to acquire from YOUtax and is necessary for us to provide you with our services. If you choose not to provide us with your personal information, or choose to use a pseudonym, we possibly will not be able to contract with you or provide you with the information or services you require. If you submit incorrect information to YOUtax, this could adversely affect any services you acquire from YOUtax and have repercussions under the taxation legislation.
5. We could also collect information about you that is not personal information. For example, we collect data relating to your activity on our site (including IP addresses) by way of tracking technologies such as Cookies, or we couldcollect information from you in response to a survey, competition or from another person who has provided your information by way of a referral. We generally use this information to record statistics, analyse trends, administer our services, diagnose problems, and target and improve the quality of our products and services. To the extent this information does not constitute personal information, the Australian Privacy Principles do not apply and we could use this information for any purpose and by any means whatsoever. YOUtax could collect personal information directly from you when you:
- register to use the service,
- use the service,
- post to our blog,
- contact the YOUtax support team, and
- visit our website.
6. Cookies are data that a website transfers to an individual’s hard drive for record-keeping purposes. Cookies, which are industry standard and are used by most websites, including our site, can facilitate a user’s ongoing access to and use of a site. They allow us to customise the site to procedure in most browsers that allows you to deny or accept the Cookie feature, however you should note that Cookies may be necessary to provide you with some features of our services.
7. Our site contains links to websites which are owned or operated by third parties. If you choose to follow such links, you should make your own inquiries as to the privacy policies of those third parties. We are not responsible for information on, or the privacy practices of, such websites.
8. You acknowledge and consent that by providing your personal information to us that we cancollect and use your personal information for the purposes of supplying and/or delivering services to you, communicating with you, providing you with marketing and updates on our products and services, better understanding your needs or complying with our legal obligations. You also acknowledge and consent that your personal information could be used for secondary purposes related to the purposes specified in this section.
9. We may disclose your personal information to other YOUtax group companies. We may engage third parties to provide you with goods or services on our behalf. In that circumstance, we could disclose your personal information to third parties in order to meet your request for goods or services, however such disclosure will only be made to the extent necessary to supply goods or services to you (such as the Australian Taxation Office for the provision of information to lodge your taxation obligations which is our service to you).
10. We could disclose your personal information with YOUtax staff located outside of Australia. These staff are also committed to handling your personal information in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
11. We will otherwise not disclose your personal information outside Australia or use, sell or disclose your personal information without your consent, unless permitted to do so under the Privacy Act or required to by law.
12. You represent to us that where you provide personal information to us about another person, you are authorised to provide that information to us, and that you will inform that person who we are, how we use and disclose their information, and that they can gain access to that information.
13. We will send service updates and service notifications, billing information and product information to you via email or SMS. You can choose to be removed from any mailing list not essential to the s YOUtax will only remove you from lists at your request. We include your personal information relating to your contact details (but not any sensitive information as defined by the Privacy Act) in a database compiled by us for use in direct marketing by us. If you do not wish to receive marketing material from us, please notify our Privacy Officer.
Storage of your personal information
14. YOUtax uses IT company Digital Pacific for backing up and storing computer information. Pacific Digital advise that the server holding this information is located in Sydney, Australia.
Securing your personal information
15. We strive to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of personal information submitted to our site, and we review and update our security measures in light of current technologies. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure.
16. However, we endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information you may transmit to us or from our s Once we receive your transmission, we will also use our best efforts to ensure its security on our systems.
17. Our employees and agents are responsible for handling your personal information and educated about the requirements of the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) and the Privacy Act. Personal information that we hold in our systems is protected through the use of secure passwords and other security procedures including physical, network and computer security. Access to your personal information is limited to those who specifically need it to conduct their responsibilities. We take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently desensitiseyour personal information where it is no longer required and to protect your personal information from unauthorised access, disclosure, loss, misuse and alteration.
Accuracy and access to personal information
18. We will take reasonable steps to ensure that the information we hold about you is accurate, complete and up-to-date and ask that you let us know if you believe the information to be otherwise. You canrequest access to your personal information, if so please make your request in writing and provide us with proof of your identity. Your request will be responded to in a reasonable time and you could be asked to pay any reasonable costs incurred by us in responding to your request.
Version 4 – Last updated 4 August 2020